CRPS, or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (Type 1), is a change in the nervous system that's usually triggered by a very painful episode. The bad kinds affect the brain, nerves, muscles, skin, metabolism, circulation, and fight-or-flight response. Lucky me; that's what I've got. ... But life is still inherently good (or I don't know when to quit; either way) and, good or not, life still goes on.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Moving is hard anyway

Intermittently, this page is getting redirected (the Back button usually takes you back to this blog) and Google is becoming more and more problematic. It's like their old adage of "Don't be evil" is fading into the mists of time, along with Borland C++ and proper punctuation.

I'll be switching my active blogs to new URLs, but don't worry, I intend to redirect this link myself (take that, hackers!) to the new link.

It'll be good.

In the meantime, I'm in geek hell. If I could remember more from my software-career days, I'd be in much better shape, but I have to relearn a bunch of basic stuff with a CRPS-riddled brain.

Yeah. It's a ball.

So there's some blood, sweat, tears, and probably no further posts until this is sorted out, but then (I hope) things will be even better and easier and cleaner than before. 

Those of you much-cherished people who've subscribed via email, I'd love to be able to port your subscriptions myself, but we might have to do that the old-fashioned way. There will definitely be a way to sign up again on the new page.

Wish me luck, patience, insight, and adequate brains...

1 comment:

  1. I just had a wonderful fantasy of sending my laptop to a geek friend and having everything installed and set up to play well together, then getting it back to do the frontend design and port my content over.

    It was a wonderful dream. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for commenting!

Pushing a product? If so, be clear about how or why it works -- I'm a geek; I need the data.